Christina Halstead, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Christina Halstead is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the State of Virginia.
She has provided psychotherapy to children, adolescents and their families in outpatient settings, foster care programs, hospitals, and schools across Northern Virginia for the last five years.
In addition, Christina has over ten years of experience advocating for the mental health needs of youth affected by trauma nationally and internationally.
Christina enjoys utilizing expressive therapeutic interventions including art, play and sand tray therapy to address symptoms of anxiety, depression, ADHD, acute and prolonged exposure to trauma, emotional dysregulation, and life transitions. She has received extensive training in trauma-informed cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, solution-focused interventions, and mindfulness techniques. Christina’s theoretical approach pulls from attachment, behavioral, family systems, social development, and psychodynamic paradigms.
Private Services Offered
- Psychotherapy for children, adolescents, and families
- Play and Art Therapy
- Parent Guidance and Support Groups
- School Consultation
Psychotherapy Treatment Specialties
- Anger and oppositional behaviors
- Attachment issues
- Family systems and couples work
- Social skills
- Trauma, acute and prolonged
Education and Licensure/Memberships/Leadership
- Master of Social Work, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA (2013)
- Master of Arts in Peace and Conflict Resolution, American University Washington, DC (2006)
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, University of Maryland (1999)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with the Commonwealth of Virginia, 2015-present